Dream Act

The California DREAM Act of 2011 is the result of two bills, Assembly Bill 130 (AB 130) and Assembly Bill 131 (AB 131). Together, these bills allow undocumented and documented students who meet certain provisions of AB 540 to apply for and receive Cal Grants and Board of Governor’s Fee Waivers at community colleges as well as institutional aid at California colleges and universities.

For comprehensive information about the California DREAM Act, including access to the application materials, important dates, and instructions, please visit here.

Important Resources:
Cypress College DREAM Act Overview

Cypress College Financial Aid Guide for Undocumented Students
This comprehensive resource guide assists undocumented and AB540 students with identifying resources to help with their educational expesnses while at Cypress College and beyond.

Frequently Asked DREAM Act Questions

DACA Information and Resources 

California DREAM Act Timeline

Oct 1, 2019- Mar 2, 2020
2020-2021 DREAM Act application becomes available for DREAM Act Cal Grants. All DREAM Act eligible Cal Grant students would receive their awards starting with the Fall/Spring academic year. It is critical that DREAM Act eligible students complete the California DREAM application by March 2 to maximize their eligibility for financial aid at California institutions.

To apply, click HERE.


DREAM Act students can apply for California College Promise Grant formerly known as Board of Governor’s Fee Waiver, for more information, click HERE.


DREAM Act Night Presentation
The document is the actual presentation that was provided at DREAM Act night and contains helpful information for new and continuing AB540 students. (Presentation was conducted Spring 2013).

Important Links
AB540 Nonresident Tuition Exemption Guidelines
This handout explains the criteria used for the California nonresident tuition exemption. The application is on page 3. To receive in-state tuition, the form must be submitted to the Admissions and Record office at the college the student is attending. Make sure to submit necessary documentation (i.e., high school transcripts, middle school or elementary school enrollment, etc)

Federal Student Aid
Are you planning on becoming a U.S. citizen? The Federal Student Aid website contains resources and information about programs that are available to eligible students.

Link to Program Information